DVD (audio) Discography
by Vernon Fitch
© copyright Vernon Fitch / The Pink Floyd Archives
This is a discography of Pink Floyd DVD (audio) albums that were released by the European Union.
Any comments, corrections or additions to this discography would be appreciated.
Quick Click Guide
[The Pink Floyd Discographies Page]
[Reference Directory] [Pink Floyd Archives home page]
DVD (audio) Discs
[The Division Bell]
- The Division Bell
- Parlophone Records DVD
Manufacturing Information: Since the formation of the E.U. in 1993, many of the DVDs that are made for the European market are listed as being made by the E.U., and are distributed in each of the E.U. states. As a result, many European-made DVDs no longer have specific country designations on them, and instead may say "Made in the EU," and / or "Printed in the EU" on them.
- European Union: The European Union (or E.U. as it is commonly referred to) is a group of countries in Europe that have joined together for the purpose of creating a unified economic and political environment. Formed in 1993, the E.U. currently consists of the following countries:
The Czech Republic
The United Kingdom
Matrix Information: Matrix information is the letters and numbers printed on a DVD disc in the mirror band near the center hole of a DVD disc. (matrix information may be read either from the top side, or label side, of a DVD, or from the bottom side of the DVD). The matrix information tells alot about the pressing history of the particular DVD. The following matrix information can be found on many DVDs:
- Catalog number - the identifying number given to the release by the record company.
- Manufacturer's Work Order Number - This often is in the form of a bar code.
- SID Codes - On many DVDs, there are two Source Identification Codes (SID Code) in the matrix band. The SID Code, which was introduced in April 1994, consists of the letters IFPI (which stands for the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry), followed by 4 or 5 additional characters. There are two different SID Codes found on DVDs:
- Mastering Code - The first SID Code in the matrix band is the "Mastering Code." The Mastering Code begins with "IFPI" followed by a sequence of digits beginning with the letter L, followed by two numbers that indicate the pressing plant, and then 1 or 2 additional digits that indicate the Laser Beam Recorder (LBR) that cut the glass master. The Mastering Code is put on the DVD at the time the glass master of the DVD is cut by the LBR, and it appears on all subsequent pressings of the DVD sourced from that specific glass master.
- Mould Code - The second Sid Code on a DVD is the "Mould Code." The Mould Code begins with "ifpi" followed by two digits that indicate the specific pressing plant that pressed the disc, and two or three additional digits that indicate the unique mould or stamper that pressed the DVD.
SID Mould Codes include:
06 - Warner Music Manufacturing Europe GmbH, Alsdorf, Germany
97 - Optimal Media Production GmbH, Germany
9R - TAKT, Boleslaw, Poland
The Division Bell
The Division Bell DVD
Parlophone Records Ltd. 2014 issue
Title: The Division Bell
Record Company: Parlophone Records Ltd.
Catalog Number: 0825646262847
Bar Code: None.
1) Bottom: Warner S1 256462628-4/1 VO1 TVD IFPI L017 [IFPI 0621]
Pressing Plant: Warner Music Manufacturing Europe GmbH, Alsdorf, Germany
Release Date: July 10, 2014
Release Information: 2014 DVD audio release.
Sound Mastering: Remastered by Andy Jackson.
Front Cover: Title. Space picture.
Back Cover: Credits.
Label: Picture label.
At the bottom center, it says:
Text around the top edge of the label starts at 6 o'clock, and says:
P 2014 The copyright in this audio visual recording is owned by Pink Floyd (1987) Ltd. under exclusive licence to Parlophone Records Ltd. © 2014 Pink Floyd (1987) Ltd. under exclusive licence to Parlophone Records Ltd. This label copy is the subject of copyright protection. All rights reserved. © 2014 Pink Floyd (1987) Ltd. under exclusive licence to Parlophone Records Ltd., a Warner Music Group company // Made in the EU.
LC0299. GEMA-MCPS. MADE IN EU